… I take a nap.
Naps are regenerative and necessary things in my life, especially when things aren’t going well. I’ve been taking a lot of naps lately.
Let me catch you up:
- I ran out of my anti-depressant/anti-anxiety medication at the beginning of August
- I had no insurance
- I had no way of getting the medication
- I lost my mind
- I went to bed
- Our tent failed again, but we got it replaced with no hassle
- I got some kind of infection in my head and had really bad congestion, nausea, and vertigo for about 3 weeks
- I didn’t get out of bed (much) until I got my Medicaid approved and got my meds on October 1st
- We left Colorado October 2nd because it’s just too cold for tent camping now and Rico’s seasonal job ended
- Mini Pearl (the car) broke down on the side of I-40, 15 miles east of Gallup, NM
- It cost us almost 700.00 to fix her, plus the cost of a hotel room for 3 nights
So – when the going gets tough, I go to bed. I rest, recuperate, and recover, and then I get up and get busy!
Tomorrow, Rico and I are heading for Las Vegas. We’ve done a lot of research and it seems to be a good place to make money busking. Our hope is that we can make enough in the next month to completely fix up Mini Pearl and have enough left over to last us through the winter. If not, we’ll just hang around Vegas until we do.
I’m feeling better now that I’m on my meds, but it typically takes about 2 weeks for them to fully kick in. I’m still a little scattered and all over the place, and it shows, but when things get too overwhelming, I take a nap.
I hope all of you have a great rest of the weekend, and I hope to see you out there on the road!